Even though it’s almost February, and most New Years Resolutions are our the window, I wanted to share how optimistic and excited I am for 2018. Not for any particular reason, except I just have a good feeling that 2018 will be the year my family and I will do big things!
I want to live our best life.
It will take hard work, discipline and staying focused to reach our goals, but I know we can do it! At that note, I also know that I am my biggest advocate and enemy in this journey. I know that actions speak louder than words, which is why I decided to write this post, to hold myself accountable. I want to make some big changes in my daily routine that I hope will help guide us on this journey.
Below is a list of areas I want to focus on for our 2018 new normal. My hope is that by focusing our energy on these important areas… We will become a stronger family unit and accomplish more than we have ever imagined. Positive thinking leads to positive results.
In future blog posts I will elaborate on each topic in more detail, and how we are doing throughout the year, but I wanted to start here.
If you have any tips or advice on any of these areas, I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment with what has worked for you, or words of encouragement.
OUR 2018 FAMILY FOCUS:
- Kindergarten preparation for Naomie (she will be 5 in may).
- Pre-School work for Reese (she will be 3 in March).
- Leading a healthier lifestyle- fitness and eating habits
- Finances in check – follow the Dave Ramsey plan
- Find more no-cost, out of the house experiences/activities for the girls and I to do during the day.
- More Date nights – aiming for at least once a month
- ‘Me’ time – so I don’t go completely insane
- Following my dreams – with interior design and thrifting
- Becoming more organized at home, Cutting out the clutter.
- More family time and trips.
I’m sure this list will change and grow as the year progresses, but I feel like this is a great starting point for life progress.